[Panel-devel] Javascript Plasmoids

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 15:45:26 CET 2007

On Tuesday 20 Nov 2007, Henry Stanaland wrote:
> Hi plaz-masters:
>
> I am trying to re-write my crappy calculator in Javascript.  However,
> I can't seem to find a way to add normal widgets to a plasmoid
> using Javascript.  It seems using the .ui files causes the UI
> definitions to open in a popup.  I think what I need is to be able to
> define a .ui file for the plasmoid itself....or atleast to be able to
> instantiate random QT widgets via Javascript.  Anybody have any
> helpful info?

Until Qt 4.4, you can't just put QWidgets on a QGraphicsScene, ie: you
can't add "normal" widgets to a plasmoid.

There are a number of Plasma widgets in libplasma that you _can_ add to
a plasmoid, among them Plasma::PushButton [0] and Plasma::Label [1],
which I'd guess would be the main ones you'd need.

Alex

[0]
http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdebase-apidocs/workspace/libs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1PushButton.html
[1]