[Panel-devel] Porting KMixPanelApplet (Was: Re: Javascript Plasmoids)

James Smith smithjd15 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:10:31 CET 2007

Why, again, would you write a special applet to do volume changes when you can
just write, say the KMIX .desktop entry (ie any launcher) to be able to
perform this functionality to begin with? Expanding .desktop entries with the
needed Kross code is much easier to write and does the user a lot better as
far as UI design goes as the mousewheel can be used to change volume and
panel space is not doubled up in the form of duplicated launchers, applets
and tasktray items.

Why, again?