[Panel-devel] Panel-devel Digest, Vol 31, Issue 19

Wade Olson olson at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 14:07:15 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 3:09 AM, Henry Stanaland <stanaland at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:25:08 +0000
> > From: "Robert Knight" < robertknight at gmail.com>
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Something that strike me on my recent travel to Boston - finding the
> > appropriate time zone in an unfamiliar city is not very easy in KDE 3.
> >  Is it possible to determine this information using an available
> > internet connection (in a hotel or conference venue for example)?

Funny that you mention this; when I've shown KDE to colleagues in the
past, the Time Zone interface is something they've definitely brought
up.

To me, like you mention, it should have the rectangular view of
marble, and you click where you are.  Otherwise, just have a drop-down
with a list of time zones to choose from.  The odd combination of city
and region we have now (both somewhat arbitrary) - I'd like to see the
use case that got us there.