[Panel-devel] Make a detailed TODO list for KDE 4.0

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 12:29:26 CET 2007

Hello,
I think it's time to have an IRC meeting any time soon to define a concrete
list of things that needs to be complete for KDE 4.0. Eventually we can
define what will need to get for 4.1 too.
Here's the only list we did until now, which is about panels. This was
discussed in the last "sort-of-meeting", here I'm reporting directly from the
notes:

> We agreed that the following features are showstoppers for panels to have in
> 4.0:
> - Support multiple sizes
> - "drag and reposition"
> - Display resolution independence
> - D&D for applets on the panel and from the desktop or vice versa
> - Be able to remove plasmoids (manyoso was working on that until he
> disappeared)

This is just for the panels, not for applets that are on it, like taskbar or
systray. Applets still need to be discussed.

Personally for the applets I'd add:
- Taskbar is completely unusable for me in the current status. We need to
provide, *at least* the "show only windows on this desktop" feature.
- Systray: get it on the panel, and fixed.

Btw, I said IRC because I think it may be better, but if others don't feel the
need of it, we can just discuss features in this thread, just replying to
this mail.... what do you think?

Bye,
-Riccardo
P.S. Some guys asked me to post the notes somewhere.... do you still need
them? I will upload them in a second if you want.
--
GPG key:
3D0F6376