[Panel-devel] Make a detailed TODO list for KDE 4.0

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 17:45:45 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 November 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > We agreed that the following features are showstoppers for panels to have
> > in 4.0:
> > - Support multiple sizes
> > - "drag and reposition"
> > - Display resolution independence

this isn't just for the panels. fortunately it's pretty easy. Corona just
needs to listen to the QDesktopWidget::resized(int screen) signal and adjust
items on that screen; ditto for the Views in plasma/plasma/

> > - D&D for applets on the panel and from the desktop or vice versa

of all these, this is the one that could wait for post 4.0 and make it into
e.g. 4.0.x as a bug fix ...

> > - Be able to remove plasmoids (manyoso was working on that until he
> > disappeared)

kevin has started in on that one...

> This is just for the panels, not for applets that are on it, like taskbar
> or systray. Applets still need to be discussed.

besides the ones mentioned below, the welcome applet is the big one that needs
to get addressed.

> Personally for the applets I'd add:
> - Taskbar is completely unusable for me in the current status. We need to
> provide, *at least* the "show only windows on this desktop" feature.

yeah, the taskbar needs to be rewritten. it was a quicky thing done so we had
something, which was a good thing. now we need something production ready.

> - Systray: get it on the panel, and fixed.

yep.

> P.S. Some guys asked me to post the notes somewhere.... do you still need
> them? I will upload them in a second if you want.

yes, please do so. i would like to see us keep them here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma#Meetings

though we haven't to date been too consistent about that. let's start =)