[Panel-devel] Zooming

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 24 00:47:19 CEST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007, Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Montag, 23. Juli 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> > Absolutely agreed, that's also my idea.
> > Yesterday I made this very quick and rough mockup on how zooming should
> > work for the plasmoids. Attached it, let me know of what you think.
>
> No matter whether this is zooming or resizing, this is what I meant and I
> think that using the mousewheel on plasmoids should change the levels and

yes, when an applet is resized they can certainly change what they show. it
needs to be in each and every applet individually, however, (for obvious
reasons =) and i'm sure some applets will want to use the wheel for something
else entirely (e.g. an album collection may want to spin through the albums)

> With this the k3b/amarok etc. -systray-icon could become really useful
> because the user can easily place them wherever one needs them and at
> whatever size one needs them.

systray icons, unfortunately do not work that way and can not be made to work
that way. we need an entirely different mechanism to make this happen.