[Panel-devel] corona

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 15:15:02 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Johannes Neugschwentner wrote:
> anyway, this is what it's gonna be about:
> * a paint-selection

could you explain a bit more about this? i'm not sure what you mean precisely

> * grouping my plasmoids objects --- which is icon representations of files
> seeked out via a strigi-plasmoid (meta-info) ...

is this a sort of "live search" where there is a grouping of icons based on a
a set of search terms?

> * autosaving these plasmoid icons and it's groupings on every change

what would be involved in autosaving, and what constitutes "every change"?

> * mouse behaviour control .... so as to change the mouse in to a zoom/pan
> tool ...

i'd really like to see only 3 levels of zoom, based on the idea of groupings
of objects: 100%, which shows a single grouping taking up 100% of a given
screen; "50%" which shows various groups and allows panning, items are
perhaps reduced to representative icons and can be dragged between
groups; "overview" where each grouping it reduced to an iconic
representation. clicking on a group in overview should zoom in on it to 100%.

this should keep zoom/pan simple interaction-wise as well as useful. what do
you think?