[Panel-devel] corona

Johannes Neugschwentner neugschwentner at comteam.at
Wed Jul 11 19:01:09 CEST 2007

Hi Guys!

I wrote some time ago that i was doing a thesis about the
user-centered-desktop and have found Plasma to be the ideal place to
contribute practical work that would also be for my thesis.

status:
got 2 weeks to finishing
have looked at the code and understood *most*
as i need some functions that really need to be available on user interaction
with the base-canvas i will probably touch corona.cpp here.
i've talked with some guys in the channel - they said corona is the place for
this and that i should write to the list.
so, i'm not your pro - programmer and i really don't want to mess up anything.
so, i'm gonna adapt corona to my needs and if you're interested in it i will
send it to someone ...

anyway, this is what it's gonna be about:
* a paint-selection
* grouping my plasmoids objects --- which is icon representations of files
seeked out via a strigi-plasmoid (meta-info) ... (hope this one worx, really
essential to me)
* autosaving these plasmoid icons and it's groupings on every change
* mouse behaviour control .... so as to change the mouse in to a zoom/pan
tool ...

that's it i guess
the rest will be done in an item, a group, a metaseek, an interface class ..
blabla .. specific plasmoid staff.

so, i'll just give it a shot, if you have any comments or whatever, please
feel free

--
Johannes Neugschwentner
Südhangstraße 28