[Panel-devel] the wiki needs some love

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 17 17:01:51 CET 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007, Chani wrote:
> I just had a look at http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/PIG and the
> amount of blank space there saddens me.
> if anyone has knowledge they can add to it, please do; it'll be nice to
> have a place to point people to when we get common questions like "how do I
> get notified when my plasmoid gets resized?" :)

that should be in the plasma tutorials. one day it will be, i'm sure.

> the whole plasma section of techbase is looking pretty neglected, actually.

i actually use it pretty often ....

> any ideas on what would bring it back to life?

other peple using it as well?

> I've added what little I've seen mentioned of layouting stuff; if there's
> anything wrong there please correct it. also, please forgive my horrible
> lack of formatting.

hm. the PIG page is not where this belongs, really. it should be added to the
applet tutorial in the techbase tutorials section. the PIG is really for
interface guidelines, not coding how tos.

> I'm still confused by the difference between size, sizehint, contentsize,
> and contentsizehint - can anyone explain which one(s) should be set and
> how?

as an applet developer, you should always be using the content* methods.

> I see resize and setSize being mentioned in posts here, but I thought
> that setting those would not take into account the applet border...

setContentSize does.