[Panel-devel] Icons settings in the desktop config gui

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 20:20:37 CET 2007

On Thursday 13 Dec 2007, Christopher Blauvelt wrote:
> In order to make icons more configurable I was going to add to the
> desktop config GUI some switches to allow people to enable/disable
> certain features.  The current GUI seems geared toward the background
> image.  I would like to make the current GUI a tab and add icon
> settings into another tab.  I just wanted to throw this out there to
> see if anybody had any questions/comments/concern/religious
> conflicts.
> Chris

Sounds sensible to me, but we may want "icons" to show up on the
preview, in which case the tab should just be for leftLayout (which
contains the options, but not the preview widget).

I was bored, and hacked together a patch to add optional ~/Desktop icon
methods in IconLoader, because they weren't implemented, which could
lead to some less-than-clear compiler errors if someone tries to use
them).

It works, but the icons don't remember their position between being
hidden and shown again.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org