[Panel-devel] Solid-notifier and network-monitor

Percy Leonhardt mailings at eris23.de
Tue Dec 4 16:49:43 CET 2007

Hi Sven,

> Network-monitor:
> - The mouse-wheel feature is very well hidden, so would it make sense to
> put a detail-setting into the plasmoid's settings?

I was waiting for a way to tell the user about this feature when he or she
hovers the plasmoid for the first time. Sort of "Tip of the day" or "Did you
know...?". I think the configuration dialog should be as simple as
possible...

> - I do not see the use case for the lowest detail layout as it currently
> works. I think that it would be useful to only display the icon and
> indicate the established connection by colour and grey it out if there is
> no connection.

The lowest detail is for people that only want to know wether they are
connected and if there is traffic going in or out. The "only icon version"
was supposed to be used on the panel.

In your other mail you mentioned some misbehaviour when the applets is used on
the panel. I wasn't sure if this feature is already supposed to be working
(bugfree) so I wanted to wait until this state is reached. Then I wanted to
fix possible bugs in the applet itself if it still would not work.

	Percy