[Panel-devel] Solid-notifier and network-monitor

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Dec 4 13:58:55 CET 2007

On Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2007, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> Ok it is possible to do something like : create a different behaviour when
> the plasmoid is in different area...Yes i can work on it...But If the
> applet is on the desktop you can be notify because the window will never
> been on top!Actually not possible! So it will inform you only if you are on
> the desktop...useless i think...

Then you work around a plasma-bug because one should not be forced to have a
separate window just to get it on top.

> For me a list with a scroolbar kill the usability...Why we need to display
> a device that i have plug 3 hours ago?...I can get this shorcut in dolphin
> or in konqueror...

Because it is not transparent to the user why the device disappeared if he did
not remove it. One one moment the device is still there, the next it is not
without any user-action. If you make this configureable, i.e. off by default,
fair enough, but otherwise it is not transparent and you will not know which
time is sensible for all users.

Regarding scrolling, as I said, currently it would already need 5 items, do
you know anyone who has 5 devices plugged to the computer at the same time?
But even if, the scrolling would only be necessary if the list would become
larger then the screen-height, which I think is very unlikely.

But maybe I just expect the wron thing from your plasmoid. I thought it should
replace the media-applet from KDE3. If it is not meant to do that I might try
to use yours as basis to do so.

Sven