[Panel-devel] Solid-notifier and network-monitor

Alexis Ménard darktears31 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:23:40 CET 2007

2007/12/4, Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister at gmx.net>:

> Hello!
>
> Since I could not get hold of the two devs on IRC, I'llpost my questions
> here.
>
> Solid-notifier:
> - I thi nk it was very nice that one had a list of plugged-devices without
> any
> extra clicks, i.e. not just the icon.Of course this does not work for
> panel,
> but since the plamoid knows whether it is on the desktop or in the panel
> it
> could adapt to it and not only show the icon one has to click on, but
> straight away the list of plugged devices.

Can you explain with more simple words please ;). I don't see what the
feature behind

- Although it is just a notifier, what about users attaching USB-sticks
> before
> KDE is up and ready? Would it make sense to show devices that have been
> plugged before the plasmoid starts?

Actually it's just a hot plug so it display only plugged device after
starting the system. It is possible to add other device plugged before the
plasmoid starts. I think if we display all plugged devices we will have a
big list with too many items. Actually i write a code that remove items
after a x time to have a small list in order to clik quickly on an item. We
can have a list of device in dolphin or konqueror.

Network-monitor: