[Panel-devel] RFC: release management strategy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 29 22:19:16 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Robert Knight wrote:
> > proposed irc meeting day: saturday sept 8th. please rsvp =)
>
> I'll be there.  I have quite a lot of changes I made this week to

awesome! i look forward to seeing the various patches and discussions .. will
make for a good week.

i'm about to start working on getting the multiple-timers-in-engines thing
that Michael Olbrich brought to table merged in today ... and then it's off
to Groups. which probably impacts/effects some of the stuff you are working
on, particularly layouts in panels. but that's for another thread. i'll post
an email about that later tonight (local time; it's only early afternoon here
right now =)

> > we do a source only snapshot release of plasma itself for our more
> > devoted testers one a month
>
> Sounds good, but I think it would really help our cause if pre-built
> packages via one or more build services were well publicised to expand
> the number of testers.

i spent some time looking at build.opensuse.org today and i think this is
doable. so i'd like to ammend my proposal to say that we ship binaries as
well.