[Panel-devel] RFC: release management strategy

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 21:57:37 CEST 2007

> - we keep the set of items in kdebase/workspace/plasma *minimal*. these should
> be core functionality items only.

+1

> proposed irc meeting day: saturday sept 8th. please rsvp =)

I'll be there.  I have quite a lot of changes I made this week to
libs, the Plasma app and some applets in playground that need some
review and I made notes about various things that came up that need
discussion.  I couldn't commit anything this week because my internet
access was somewhat limited.  In summary I have layouts working in the
panel, and the tasks, clock and system tray applets modified to work
with them.

> we do a source only snapshot release of plasma itself for our more devoted
> testers one a month

Sounds good, but I think it would really help our cause if pre-built
packages via one or more build services were well publicised to expand
the number of testers.

Regards,
Robert.