[Panel-devel] Svg::elementRect and theme configs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:41:01 CEST 2007

On 7/31/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Leo Franchi wrote:
> > API). So basically in order to get the correct element rect, i had to
> > add the two lines included in the patch.
>
> it *looks* ok (i'm in the middle of recompilling trunk/ on my lappie (at
> the
> airport), so can't easily check right now).. have you tested with the
> analog
> clock and url applets in plasma to make sure they don't break anything
> there?

the only applet which uses elementRect currently is the Script applet,
and it does indeed break that :-/
I'm going to try to figure out exactly why that is so...

> Also, regarding the current Theme->setApplicationName(), currently if you
> > set the application to, say, "amarok", plasma will look for the
> > [Theme-amarok] group in plasmarc. Now, as Amarok doesn't depend on
> kdebase,
> > there might not be a plasmarc at all.
>
> that doesn't matter, as it will be created as needed.
>
> > So it makes little sense for us to
> > edit/create plasmarc if none exists. I think it would be a better idea
> > look into the application-default config, so amarokrc would hold the
> > relevant theme data. What do you guys think?
>
> as long as it can be done without breaking, for instance, krunner which
> relies
> on plasmarc being used. that's why it is as it is. i don't see the
> probably
> really? if it's a performance issue that you are concerned about i'd
> recommend benchmarking it first =)

the only concern is that it was a little strange for a user,
installing amarok on a kdebase-less system, would have a plasmarc with
his amarok-specific theme selection.

leo

Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125