[Panel-devel] application menu and "utilities"

Andrey Cherepanov sibskull at mail.ru
Wed Oct 11 09:36:58 CEST 2006

10 Oct 2006 19:45, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> ah, sorry, i read that as "kalarmd". kalarm itself is a cute little app to
> set, well, alarms. quite simpler in scope than korganizer. should this also
> go to extegear? *shrug*
Oh, no! Recurring event (such as "lunch" or "end of work") are more
appropriate for kalarm because they don't pick up dirt on KOrganizer calendar
and more configurable.
I think, KDE should have both KAlarm and KOrganizer (with integrated KAlarm in
Kontact).

> > There should be a floppy icon in media:/ if there is a floppy drive
> > installed. Place KFloppy into the context menu of the floppy icon. That
> > way users don't even have to choose which drive to format, because it
> > will apply to the drive they selected.
>
> i have no issues with having it launchable only from an icon representing
> the floppy disk ... but that's a bit different than making it specific to
> an ioslave.
>
> essentially your suggestion is to hide these apps from the menu and only
> have them launched from apps that need them, correct?
I completely agree with this proposal.

--
Andrey Cherepanov
sibskull at mail.ru