[Panel-devel] KDE4 Features Ideas Wiki

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 06:38:17 CET 2006

On 3/6/06, Zbigniew Braniecki <zbigniew.braniecki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/3/6, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > what do you wish to accomplish in going public? with all the dead links to
> > kde-artists.org =( and the fact that none of this is actually guaranteed to
> > appear in kde4, i'm not sure what would be gained? i've bookmarked the wiki
> > for future reference and perhaps posting a link to it on kde-usability would
> > be useful as well
>
> Yea, so let me explain what I wanted to archive. My plan was to get a
> few people around the wiki who could improve those "articles", add new
> links (to replace the dead links to kde-artists) etc.
>
> Do you find it useless? Do you think that it should just stay where it
> is without being touched (eventually with fixed links once kde-artists
> is up)? I'm seeking the best way to help, nothing more :)
>
> I think that I see the problem with misunderstanding that it's just a
> set of ideas (not the actual "feature list for kde4") so it could be
> misleading and a source of FUD.
> On the other hand I'd like to see people who are working on
> kde-look.org in section KDE4 Brainstorming and people who were
> contributing to kde-artists forum to help me, cause for example in
> Discussion page of this article you'll find many articles that I
> selected but had no time to describe before kde-artists forum went
> down and now I don't remember those ideas...
>
> Erm, shortcut - It's up to you, I just want to help, if you prefer not
> to make too much buzz now, I'll respect your advice :)

Personally I think a lot of the ideas there regarding plasma would be
better placed in our wiki (plasma.kde.org/wiki) wherever you see fit.
As for everything else on your wiki, it would respectively be placed
on other projects wiki's. I really don't see much of a point for a
wiki just for KDE4 ideas as we have project wikis, irc, forums, and
mailinglists. We already have sections on our wiki that discuss
possible ideas for plasma's future, full with discussion sections if
needed.

Anyway, just a thought.

Matt