[Panel-devel] Coherency issue

Alejandro Exojo suy at kurly.org
Mon Jun 19 15:27:05 CEST 2006

El Lunes, 19 de Junio de 2006 01:37, Zbigniew Braniecki escribió:
> On OSNews there is a new article about KDE -
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=14927 .

I've only read the first 3 points, and this is are my humble comments about
each point:

1. Explains what coherence is along 4 paragraphs, and after that, says two
sentences saying that Kopete is not coherent, and that is very inferior to
another application.

But he _doesn't_ say _anything_ about Kopete. IMHO, saying "this is bad"
without explaining it, is trolling.

2. It says that the kdesu dialog needs some love. This is true, maybe it
should not show which command is being executed (or it should show it in a
more friendly manner). But says something really stupid: "Why is there no
explanation which password, and why exactly you need to enter it?". If I
recall correctly, both mac os x and ubuntu use sudo for having root
permissions, so there is _only_ one password in the system in a tipical
installation.

3. Says that klaptop is bad, but again, doesn't says any reason, so trolling
again.

At this point, I stopped reading. Now I understand this:

"(...)  its UI maintainer emailed me, asking me for more clarification.
Secondly, after last week's column, an Apple employee emailed me (not on
behalf of the company, but personally) again asking for clarification on
various issues. This was exactly my intention with this series, and as such,
I already proclaimed it a personal success."

So, a personal success is claiming how everything sucks without giving any
reason.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy at bulmalug.net