[Panel-devel] question about plasma

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 20:23:59 CEST 2006

On 8/15/06, Daniel Bruegmann <danielbruegmann at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read the plasma website. Am I correct to think that plasma will
> eventually replace kwin, kicker and kdesktop?
Only Kicker and KDesktop, theoretically.

> That's what it sounds
> like, but it doesn't look like it in the svn repository (trunk).
Nope, there is no real code in svn, you can look at some stuff Aaron
checked in a few months ago in trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma and
code I checked in almost a year ago now in
branches/work/kde4/playground/base

>> Also, I
> read that Rusin said that there was going to be some dashboard support,
> but a grep -r dashboard * in kdebase/workspace didn't find anything.

Yes dashboard support would be easy to implement, but thats much
further down the line, we actually need a framework first