[Panel-devel] question about plasma

Daniel Bruegmann danielbruegmann at gmx.net
Tue Aug 15 15:30:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

I read the plasma website. Am I correct to think that plasma will
eventually replace kwin, kicker and kdesktop? That's what it sounds
like, but it doesn't look like it in the svn repository (trunk). Also, I
read that Rusin said that there was going to be some dashboard support,
but a grep -r dashboard * in kdebase/workspace didn't find anything.

About the Junior Job (wiki) "Improve the semantics of isMainPanel and
isMenuBar in the extension manager by making it generic and providing a
isSpecialPanel(const QString& panelType) that then queries the panel
extension to discover if it is or is not that particular thing":
Wouldn't there also have to be a const QWidget* panel parameter? I'm
guessing that panelType should be compared to _extensionID of the
ExtensionContainer class, and not of panel extension. Please correct me
if I'm wrong.

Daniel