[Panel-devel] Connection of Sensor and Meter

Vinay Khaitan vkhaitan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:05:46 CEST 2005

Sorry, once more I am starting the thread of Sensor and meter.

In old karamba, we use something like

bar x=0 y=0 w=10 h=200 vertical=true path="img.png" sensor=cpu

the bar is connected to sensor cpu. In the new karamba, we will certainly
have the name of the meter to refernce it.

what about something like this... (writing in old theme format)

bar name="parentbar" x=0 y=0 w=10 h=200 vertical=true path="img.png"
sensor=cpu
graph name="childgraph" x=0 y=0 w=200 h=60 points=100 meter=parentbar

This way, a meter can be connected to a meter. whenever the parentbar is
updated, it emits a signal which updates childgraph too.

It is very simple to implement.
You can find the analogies with Qt signal-slot mechanism in which primarily
Signal-slot connection happens. but optionally SIGNAL-SIGNAL connection is
possible.

Dont ask me, why is that idea necessary. In fact, this is being introduced
to circumvent a trouble.

Vinay Khaitan