[Panel-devel] Connection of Sensor and Meter

Pedro Suarez Casal pedro.wotan at mundo-r.com
Mon Sep 19 13:24:09 CEST 2005

El Lunes, 19 de Septiembre de 2005 10:05, Vinay Khaitan escribió:
> Sorry, once more I am starting the thread of Sensor and meter.
>
> In old karamba, we use something like
>
> bar x=0 y=0 w=10 h=200 vertical=true path="img.png" sensor=cpu
>
> the bar is connected to sensor cpu. In the new karamba, we will certainly
> have the name of the meter to refernce it.
>
> what about something like this... (writing in old theme format)
>
> bar name="parentbar" x=0 y=0 w=10 h=200 vertical=true path="img.png"
> sensor=cpu
> graph name="childgraph" x=0 y=0 w=200 h=60 points=100 meter=parentbar
>
> This way, a meter can be connected to a meter. whenever the parentbar is
> updated, it emits a signal which updates childgraph too.
>
> It is very simple to implement.
> You can find the analogies with Qt signal-slot mechanism in which primarily
> Signal-slot connection happens. but optionally SIGNAL-SIGNAL connection is
> possible.
>
> Dont ask me, why is that idea necessary. In fact, this is being introduced
> to circumvent a trouble.

Don't you think, that if you need to workaround a problem with your design,
it's better changing your design and not introducing strange things?

You say it's an easy solution, but I think it's bad since it's a solution
ad-hoc for a problem you have with your design. If I wouldn't know anything
about that, I couldn't understand why is needed interconnecting meters.