[Panel-devel] [RFC] Interaction model for "building" your shell

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Fri Sep 16 22:13:45 CEST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 03:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> i'm hoping we can make it a bit more free form and just "drag and droppy"
> than this.. we'll see =)
>
> ever played with kwin's "magnetic borders"?

Yes, they are very cool :). But thinking about users who are not able to
manage mouse movements, I thought that connecting plasmoids with "drag and
drop" would notsuit some of the users' abilities. But thinking about it
twice, I'm not all right...

> > Graphics programs or designer-like GUI builders already deal with this
> > problem - placement/layout of multiple objects on the screen. We can just
> > take a look at them and maybe just imitate ;).
>
> a little less geeky than designer perhaps, but i like the direction ...
> have you played with dashboard? it has that little ribbon at the bottom.
> rather limited, but still more prior art to look at.

No, haven't had a chance to use dashboard :(.

regards,
--
Barış Metin