[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 31 22:31:33 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 05:41, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> Wouldn't it be even nicer if SK was harmonized with kicker to the extent
> that SK themes are nothing more, nothing less than applets?

for KDE4, certainly. in fact, i almost want it to go the other way: that
applets become nothing more / nothing less than SK++ themes.

the language bindings that make SK so accessible (which in turn makes creating
a community around it so possible) would become the "additional" part from a
developer's perspective. from a user's persepective it should be seamless.

but this is stuff for SK in KDE 3.5, so we can't get quite so radical yet
(correct me if i'm wrong here, SK people)

perhaps the most radical we could get is for SK to rely on libkickermain.so in
3.5 and reuse components like the Add Applet dialog. but i personally think
that might be a bit more work than its worth, since it would have to be
redone somewhat again for KDE4 anyways. =/