[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Fred Schaettgen kde.sch at ttgen.net
Tue May 31 13:41:23 CEST 2005

On Tuesday, 31. May 2005 07:59, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 11:27, Petri Damsten wrote:
> it would be nice if this could be harmonized with the Add New Applets
> dialog in kicker, which already looks very similar to your screenshot. the
> buttons at the bottom of Add New Applets is "Add to Panel" and "Close" ; so
> could we instead of an "Add to Desktop" button?

Wouldn't it be even nicer if SK was harmonized with kicker to the extent that
SK themes are nothing more, nothing less than applets? If applets can look as
good as SK themes with transparency and also can be placed on the desktop or
on a floating layer, then it will become difficult to explain why applets and
SK themes still behave differently. It should be exactly the same for the
user - browsing, placing, adding, removing etc.
I must have missed the beginning of the whole discussion about kicker+SK, but
it appeared to me that SK is supposed to become an integral part of kicker.
In that case there really shouldn't be a separate tray icon for SK for
instance.

Fred

--
Fred Schaettgen