[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 31 22:37:09 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 03:28, Petri Damsten wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 08:59, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > it would be nice if this could be harmonized with the Add New Applets
> > dialog in kicker, which already looks very similar to your screenshot.
> > the buttons at the bottom of Add New Applets is "Add to Panel" and
> > "Close" ; so could we instead of an "Add to Desktop" button?
>
> New dialog design:
> - I would add buttons to special items.
> - Deleted the checkbox. To close the theme user would use theme menu.

looking great =)

what do you think about getting rid of the divider lines and using alternating
background colours as in the Add Applet dialog?

also, you may wish to use KStdGuiItem::add() for the Add to Desktop button.
here's the code i used in Add Applet (appletInstall is the Add button =):

    KGuiItem addGuiItem = KStdGuiItem::add();
    addGuiItem.setText(m_mainWidget->appletInstall->text());
    m_mainWidget->appletInstall->setGuiItem(addGuiItem);

the "search" lineedit in Add Applet is pretty trivial too: it's all of a dozen
or so LOC. feel free to steal that code if you want.. it's in "void
AddAppletDialog::search(const QString &s)" in kdebase/kicker/ui/addapplet.cpp
=)

code duplication sucks, but we can resolve this in KDE4 and just "fake it" for
now ...