[Panel-devel] Superkaramba Icon

A. Wiedenbruch mail at wiedenbruch.de
Mon Jun 27 15:53:48 CEST 2005

Am Montag 27 Juni 2005 15:21 schrieb Ryan Nickell:
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 14:24 +0300, Petri Damsten wrote:
> > On Monday 27 June 2005 12:16, A. Wiedenbruch wrote:
> > > The problem is that there is no main window. In JuK or KMail you can
> > > switch the system tray icon on and off within the app. The only
> > > interface to the user is the system tray icon, but when its hidden...
> > > One possibilty could be to show only the toogle and quit button if the
> > > icon is hidden.
> >
> > and theme dialog entry. I could settle for this.
>
> The dynamic menu for themes sounds like an interesting approach to
> solving this.  Adding/removing menu entries could be good in a limited
> scope.  If we were to do this too much, ie new stuff entry, etc., it may
> create unfamiliar menus to people at different times.  Maybe we should
> look at how the right click context menu works throughout kde?
> We could use menu separators to distinguish between dynamic content and
> static content.  Then again, we did just clean things up a bit in that
> right click theme menu.
>
> > Petri
>
> Ryan

Here is a demo patch with dynamic menues. Three changing elements is a bit too
much I fear. How about a moving it in a submenu. Like the action menu in
Konqueror?

I thought about adding a switch to the theme dialog, but I don't know how to
to it nice. A button with "Hide/Show Sys tray Icon",  a menu, a config
dialog?