[Panel-devel] name for kde4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 04:15:05 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 06:08, Ryan Nickell wrote:
> That name is explanitory of the work we are gearing up.  I like it, but
> have some other candidates that I'd like to catch an opinion on for the
> sake of having options. ;)

you bet =)

> aurora
> - A luminous atmospheric phenomenon appearing as streamers or bands of
> light sometimes visible in the night sky in northern or southern regions
> of the earth. It is thought to be caused by charged particles from the
> sun entering the earth's magnetic field and stimulating molecules in the
> atmosphere.
> - The goddess of the dawn.

this is actually one of the names i tossed around when playing with plasma
alternatives myself =)

it's not bad... it's a softer name, though. inspirational and melodic ...

> corona
> - A faintly colored luminous ring appearing to surround a celestial body
> visible through a haze or thin cloud, especially such a ring around the
> moon or sun, caused by diffraction of light from suspended matter in the
> intervening medium.

corona doesn't really convey the "cool" factor i'm hoping for. it's more
"grandios" and also has the beer associated ... =)