[Panel-devel] Quick comment on Marc Cramdal's ALI blog

Amaury Chamayou achamayou at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 21 22:21:28 CEST 2005

Well, first, hello there, it's my first post on this list.

> 2) Application Launching in general: I'd to hear people's thoughts on
> application bundles. People in different roles may consistently launch the
> same group of applications. One example would be the group that you have
> start automatically on boot-up. A developer may want KDevelop, a DB client,
> Konqeror and a code profiler to launch together. So maybe letting a user
> define a logical bundle of similar apps, and displaying those bundles for
> launch (with corresponding bundle CRUD window) could be slick on the ALI.

That is related to the concept of task, and would probably be a list of often
used tasks or task templates. I'm busy doing mockups of it, but here is a
preliminary one expressing the idea :

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/6572/taskmockup46hb.png

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5724/taskthird1tf.png

Task are about grouping data with tools (application) to form a bundle
corresponding to the idea of what you really want to do with the computer