[Panel-devel] Helping Out

Colin Thomsen colin at freeshell.org
Sun Jul 17 07:02:07 CEST 2005

Thanks again for the info. I'm trying to get kicker running (to a point
where I can test changes that I make to code), but I have some problems:
- If I try to run it while I have another version of KDE running, it
doesn't run at all.
- I tried the dcopquit method mentioned below, but it doesn't seem to
work for me
- I therefore tried to follow:
http://developer.kde.org/build/build2ver.html

The problem then is that the SVN KDE4 isn't in a state yet to launch
correctly. I also seem to have terrible font problems.

So I guess I'm just wondering how to mix a stable KDE with an unstable
kicker or how to setup my development environment to test changes that I
make to the applet code mentioned below.

Thanks for your patience,

Colin