[Panel-devel] ATi- Plasma- support

danalien panel-devel at datormaffian.com
Thu Aug 18 07:23:44 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 05.49, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 08:49, danalien wrote:
> > Yes, what you said, can be true, they could do just that. But then it'll be
> > up to us to go and show them what amazing things we can do with XGI's and
> > VIA's products!
>
> and how does that help our users who use ATi and nVidia cards? (it doesn't)
> and who will they blame? (kde)

1st) ... both ATI and nVidia users ought to know they are at the mercy of their
manufacturors not us (kde) for the kind of drivers they ship...

2nd) ... but sure, talking with ATI&nV doesn't hurt - but the thing is, with closed
of drivers we (the F/OSS community) can't just go "Eureka" and start implementing
when we think we've figure out something... but have to asort to "politics" an kind
mercy of ATI&nV, to implement the thing ... IF, if they even choose to do it at all.
... I see lots of headache in this approach.

... and I think this sort of development (the-political-way) hurt the users more then
spending time on drivers we can work on when we ever we ve have an "Eureka" moment.

But sure, if ppl like to go the-political-way, fine, it's your choice & your time you'll spend.

... I'm more the work efficent-kinda-person, ergo my opinion.

A'hoj.

--

//   with regards
//   UID ::  panel-devel  ::  <${gofigurewhatmyemailis}@datormaffian.com>

- - -
  /\/\
(^.^)
 (")")
 *This is the cute kitty virus, please copy this into your sig so it can spread