[Owncloud] Contacts Question/Request/Report

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 00:28:51 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I am running the latest 6.0.0a Owncloud and things are going well. I am
a Debian kind of guy so my web browser is Firefox (iceweasel) 17.0.10
(aka the default browser to Debian stable). I have a couple of questions
as I am not sure if I missed something, if it is working properly, or if
I have stumbled on a problem. One of the features I use frequently is
the Contacts page and this all pertains to that.

1) When adding the address, as I type the city I get a nice pop up that
fills in the city/state/country for me as selectable options. If I hit
enter to select the option, it will auto fill in the city and close the
address dialog box. However, if I open the address box again everything
is filled in correctly *except* the state is always "District of
Columbia". I have to manually fix that.

Is it supposed to fill in the state for me? Since it populates the
city/state/country options and auto-closes the dialog box, I personally
assumed that it would. I don't know if this is a owncloud bug, a
older-firefox-install bug, or if this is expected behavior. Either way,
I think this is an error. If it isn't supposed to populate the state
field, then it shouldn't close the dialog box. If it should populate and
close, then it isn't working. If this is a bug I am more then happy to
help trace down the problem. Just let me know what I am supposed to do
to help.

2) Is there anyway to customize the contacts page of what field is
displayed? I poked around in the options and a did a few internet search
queries but couldn't figure it out. I just personally have next-to-zero
use of email. Address is limited to a very small subset of contacts.
However, the notes field I actually use quite a bit to store tidbits of
information that doesn't always have a good menu option. I would love to
ditch the address screen and the email and add the notes field.

Thanks everyone! I am really liking the new Owncloud 6!