[Owncloud] Upgrading to V6 and no web interface

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Sun Jan 12 23:43:45 UTC 2014

Hi Chris,

Are you are running owncloud on a server with php xcache running?
Recently I had a similar issue upgrading my owncloud 6 and also
installing it on another server. The white screen of death seemed to be
caused by misconfigured xcache php extension, or more accurately, xcache
needed additional configuration other than the default for owncloud6 to
work.

On Debian style systems, you would know you are running xcache by having
the php5-xcache package installed and a file
/etc/php5/conf.d/20-xcache.ini

In my 20-xcache.ini file I had to make the following changes:

[xcache.admin]
xcache.admin.enable_auth = On ; ensure this is set to on
; Configure this to use admin pages
xcache.admin.user = "SOMEUSERNAME" ; uncomment and config this
;xcache.admin.pass = md5($your_password)
xcache.admin.pass = "MD5HASH OF YOUR PASSWORD" ; uncomment and config
this

[xcache]
; same as aboves but for variable cache
xcache.var_size = 16M ; was set to 0 by default

However, if you're not running xcache then the error.log is your friend
debugging this problem.

Regards,

Scott Bragg

On 2014-01-13 00:20, Szládovics Péter wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> most times a white / blank pages means an internal server error.
>>
>> Check the logfiles of your webserver and PHP to get a hint
>> whats wrong here.
>
> The error.log exactly.
>
> --
> Szládovics, Péter
>
> Onlinedemo.HU [2]
> Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
> _Arthur C. Clarke_

Links:
------
[2] http://www.onlinedemo.hu