[Owncloud] A very strange story with my iPad and iWorks suite

Pierre Malard plm at teledetection.fr
Mon Jan 13 18:18:30 UTC 2014

hi,

I have a very strange comportment and a big problem since I have tried to access to my OC files from the WebDAV OC link. This problem concern not only OC but also the Apple product.

Since the last version of iWorks, all documents are stored in a directory "Document.pages". So, I can not access them directly from my IOS OC client because, for OC, it's a simple directory and not a document. GRRRR

On Pages, I have the choice to give a WebDAV access to my networked storage. :-) So, I gave the WebDAV URL of my OC repisotary to Pages. Its a very bad idea!

First, My documents are stored under "Partage_piotr" directory on OC. Less, Pages show only "Partage", not the "_piotr" part!!! It will better I stop my affair but I am a little bit stupid... So, after a long directories travel, I found my studip Pages document (I ask it "TOTO.pages") as a document, not as a directory. I thaught it was good... not at all. I open it in Pages without any problem and I could work.

But, the problem appair today when I would to access again to my OC files... The head directory ("Partages_piotr") had disapear!!!! This f... Pages access have erase it!

My second problem concern OC directly. When I try to restore this directory from the Web access, the front directory is quasi empty :-( All directories which this one store are in a flat list on erased files Web pages of OC. All my classment is over and the web interface is very, very slow.

So, my questions now:
- Is some body have the same problem?
- I have an SSH access on the OC server. Is it a way to restore files and
  directories from this way?

Actually, I'm not able to access to my computers. I have only access to my OC repository from my iOS devices (iPad and iPhone). I'll give you a copy to OC logs when I will return home.

Best whishes

--
Pierre Malard