[Owncloud] SQLite vs MariaDB/MySQL

Daniel Danger owncloud at danger-it.de
Sat Jan 11 13:37:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 01/11/2014 02:18 PM, Jakub Moscicki wrote:
> Sorry I don't have benchmarks at hand but not sure if this real needs benchmarking ;-)

I also don't think, that this needs benchmarks. Nevertheless benchmarks
to measure the performance of owncloud would be nice to have. With those
we could see, how changes on the code improve or degrade the performance.

Some parameters for the benchmark that come to my mind (to produce
meaningful results) are:
- oc version
- webserver
- database
- installed apps
- number of simulated users (size of db, # concurrent connections, # and
size of files, types of requests)

If there are benchmarks like this I'd really like to hear about that.
Also if someone is willing and capable of setting up these kind of
benchmarks, please keep me informed ;)

Cheers,
Daniel