[Owncloud] owncloud-client in debian

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Sep 12 13:46:20 UTC 2013

On 12.09.2013 15:29, Sandro Knauß wrote:

Hi Sandro,

> for some weeks ocsync/owncloud-client is now actually available in core
> debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/ocsync.html
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/owncloud-client.html
>
> ocsync is straightforward to build and the newest version 0.90.0 is now in
> unstable.
>   * It builds for all architectures, expect hurd and kfreebsd [1]. Is there
> anyone who wants to help?
>   * In debian we don't ship iniparser and use inih instead (patch see [2])

Wow, cool. Actually, I am sorry to say that this was non necessary work,
as we dropped the libiniparser dependency in csync upstream already (in
0.50) and for the next version of ocsync also.

> owncloud-client is actually a small beast :) Actually I'm trying to build
> 1.4.0...
>   * The build process changes a lot between the different versions - changing
> cmake parameters (f.ex. doen't respect CMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc/owncloud
> anymore :(
>   * updatecheck has to be disabled for the offical debian packages
>   * renaming packages from mirall-* -> owncloud-client-*
>   * much license foo: GPL2 and GPL2+, some files with different author, ...
Ok, can you tell us more details (maybe in IRC or a bug on github), I am
sure we  can fix most of that upstream.

> The debian packages are also taken from ubuntu, so the complete world of
> ubuntu derivates has now also owncloud-client in core.
Wow, that is awesome :-)

> Until now the packages build by OBS differ from the packages in debian core.
> If I'm ready with packaging 1.4.0, I'll make the packages from OBS the same
> structure, to make it possible to easily change to and from OBS to debian
> core.
Thanks, that is really helpful! We're not insisting on having the deb
packages on OBS, but we want to provide packages as fast as possible
after a new release of course. This is usually difficult with distros,
that's why we have the OBS packages. So if the packages from distro and
OBS can live side by side and easily changed that is the best solution.

regards,

Klaas