[Owncloud] Sync Client 1.4: Warnings on individual files

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Sep 5 14:59:40 UTC 2013

On 05.09.2013 16:48, Daniel Wunderlich wrote:
> Hi,
>>> There is one thing I don't understand in detail: After a sync process,
>>> the cient's icon shows a little 'i'. The same 'i' is shown at some of my
>>> folders. After checking log files, I assume that this symbol indicates
>>> that some files were not synced because they match one of the patterns
>>> of the ignore list. Is this possible?
>> Yes. If you hover over with the mouse, there should be appear a longer,
>> more verbose text explaining that.
>
> okay, now it is clear. But does it make sense *not* to declare a
> synchronization 'successful', if there are ignored files? For example,
> if you have large temporary files you want to ignore during sync, the
> sync-process itself is successful although the files are excluded from sync.

Well, fair point. OTOH we had people complaining that they got no
information that actually files were ignored. So exactly the other way
round.

A good compromise will probably be that ignored files are listed in the
info dialog with the [i] but do not reflect to the "overall status" icon
which is in the tray.

Klaas