[Owncloud] ownCloud with IIS7 - Security Warning

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri Nov 29 09:52:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

all the files in ownCloud are accessible from the internet without protection. This is a problem.
There are two options. Configure your IIS in a way that the data directory in the ownCloud directory can't be access via http. I'm not an IIS user so I don't know how this works but there has to be an option somewhere.
Or you move the data directory outside the webserver document root. There is an option during ownCloud setup to do that.

Frank