[Owncloud] apps by OC version??

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Nov 19 12:15:24 UTC 2013

Hello Frank,

On Tuesday 19 November 2013 12:21:48 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > [...]
> > This is an annoying behaviour, but fact right now. That issue has been
> > discussed multiple times, but no actions have been taken to solve it.

> You are right. We have to work on that.
> But I'm not sure if it's a huge problem in real life. Most of our current
> 3rd party apps don't have the level of quality that your apps have so that
> they actually run on different ownCloud version without problems :-)

Thanks for that compliment ;-)
However this is a classical chicken-hen-problem, isn't it? Why should an app
developer invest in developing backwards compatible apps if there is no real
way offered to publish them?
And , don't get this wrong, but this does not only affect apps developed by
external developers, but also (and especially) those developed by the core
team, I'd say...

Have a great day!
;-)