[Owncloud] apps by OC version??

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Nov 19 10:49:20 UTC 2013

Hi Nikola,

> How can I see apps that are supported in OC version 5, and OC version 6?
> I'm asking because I am trying to decide if I should go with OC version
> 5 or 6. One of the apps I will need is user_saml.

you cannot see that. The main reason simply is that owncloud app store is not
able to support that. It unfortunately forces app developers to decide what
owncloud version to offer an app for. Regardless of the fact that some apps
actually support multiple owncloud versions.
This is an annoying behaviour, but fact right now. That issue has been
discussed multiple times, but no actions have been taken to solve it.

You can always install an app manually in different owncloud versions _if_ the
app supports it. But that is not worth much, since the majority of owncloud
users install apps directly from the app store within the apps page of their
administration section, which clearly makes sense.

Christian Reiner (arkascha)