[Owncloud] Owncloud for NethServer

Alessio Fattorini alessio.fattorini at nethesis.it
Thu Nov 7 14:44:57 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

during the last month we have worked on an ownCloud package for
NethServer.

NethServer is a Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) oriented Linux
distribution Centos-based, with a powerful and extensible web
interface that simplifies common administration tasks.

We use NethServer as a platform for our ownCloud installations, and
the deployment is very very simple, after a fresh NethServer
installation simply type:
      # yum install nethserver-owncloud

and go to https://yourserver/owncloud
Without any additional configuration.

We made nethserver-owncloud rpm with these goals:

   1. preconfigure mysql with ownCloud db, user and privileges

   2. preconfigure ownCloud with MySQL parameters, and default access
      credential (using autoconfig.php)

   3. preconfigure httpd with force ssl and magic_quotes_gpc off

   4. tool for auto create ldap user and password, and docs for
      configuration
     5. backup owncloud data using native nethserver-backup tool

At the moment, it's compatible with ownCloud 5.0.12 but I think the
work for OC6 will be very simple.

Some days ago I've pushed into nethserver-testing yum repository a
bundle of packages to install and configure ownCloud properly.

Here's some documentation to install and configure it:

     https://dev.nethesis.it/projects/nethserver/wiki/Nethserver-owncloud

And here you can find the code:

     https://github.com/nethesis/nethserver-owncloud

You can find further informations about NethServer at
     http://nethserver.nethesis.it

Please test it and share your feedback!
Thank you for your attention.

--