[Owncloud] what's the best way to synchronize without X (without the gui client) on linux?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 5 12:03:30 UTC 2013

Hi Klaas,

On Tuesday, November 05, 2013 10:25:56 you wrote:
> On 01.11.2013 13:12, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > That said, you'll need to build mirall to get the headless Plasma client.
> > Pull from https://github.com/sebasje/mirall.git, checkout the
> > plasmaclient branch and build that. It will build what you need
> > additionally to the "normal" mirall. The binary of the headless client is
> > called owncloudsyncd.
> I took a quick look on that branch. Why do you have such an old fork?
> The changes to the mirall core code are small and we implemented some of
> the stuff you added "upstream", for example the progress api.

Not sure what you mean, but I'm actually using your API addition for progress
display, quite happily so.

> You really should try to stay near HEAD with your client, we're
> constantly improving the client and csync and people really should get
> something up to date. Remember, we're dealing with dangerous stuff here,
> syncing can eat your kids and other stuff

When reading this, I thought "erh, wait, I've merged master not long ago", and
then I realized it's already 3 months ago.

I've just had a quick look at merging master into the plasmaclient branch, and
much to my surprise: I see qt5 macros. Is mirall master already on Qt5, or is
that optional?

> BTW, is it planned to release for example the KCM module with "normal"
> desktop KDE at some point of time?

No. I'd like to keep it all in one repository, and merge the plasmaclient
branch upstream, so we don't run into outdated trees again.

Cheers,
--
sebas