[Owncloud] How to update from master dev

Tarun Khanna tarunkhanna at gmail.com
Fri May 31 01:03:22 UTC 2013

When I try to pull the latest changes from the master dev branch I get an
error due to modifications in my local branch. This are not the changes
that I made but those that were introduced by owncloud configuration I am
guessing.

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
merge:
        core/l10n/ru.php
        l10n/af_ZA/core.po

        l10n/fr/files_encryption.po
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by
merge:
        core/js/jquery-1.10.0.min.js
        core/js/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js
Please move or remove them before you can merge.
Aborting

I tried getting rid of the changes using 'git reset' and 'git checkout' but
nothing seems to work. I keep getting the above error whenever I try to
update.

What is the recommended way to update the branch?

Tarun