[Owncloud] posting files for all accounts to view and download - follow up

Bob Tupaj rtupaj at ysu.edu
Thu May 30 20:00:24 UTC 2013

I wanted to post a follow-up to my original inquiry about posting files
for all accounts to see and access.  here are the steps I used:

 1. I used SSH to create an additional folder under the /data directory
    (i.e., I called it instructions) using sudo -s.
 2. Provided full read, write, and execute permission (i.e., chmod 0777)
    on folder.
 3. Then I logged into ownCloud using my administrative login account
    and uploaded file (i.e., pdf) to the instructions directory.
 4. I then used SSH to set permission on folder to read and execute
    (i.e., chmod 0555).

I am not sure if there is an easier of way of accomplishing this but it
worked for what I needed it to do.

--
Robert D. Tupaj, Website Manager/Portal Administrator
Office of Marketing and Communications