[Owncloud] How to update from master dev

Robin Appelman icewind at owncloud.com
Fri May 31 01:32:23 UTC 2013

On Thursday 30 May 2013 21:03:22 Tarun Khanna wrote:
> When I try to pull the latest changes from the master dev branch I get an
> error due to modifications in my local branch. This are not the changes
> that I made but those that were introduced by owncloud configuration I am
> guessing.
>
> error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
> merge:
>         core/l10n/ru.php
>         l10n/af_ZA/core.po
>
>         l10n/fr/files_encryption.po
> error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by
> merge:
>         core/js/jquery-1.10.0.min.js
>         core/js/jquery-migrate-1.2.1.min.js
> Please move or remove them before you can merge.
> Aborting
>

> I tried getting rid of the changes using 'git reset' and 'git checkout' but
> nothing seems to work. I keep getting the above error whenever I try to
> update.
>
> What is the recommended way to update the branch?
>
> Tarun

This REMOVES any changes made to all files tracked in git and all untracked
files not in .gitignore and resets everything to the last commit

    git clean -f && git reset --hard HEAD

If you want to reset to master you can use

    git clean -f && git reset --hard origin/master

If you want to know what untracked files will be removed before you
accidentally remove all your hard work you can use.

   git clean -n

 - Robin Appelman