[Owncloud] Database - Concept/Questions

Andrzej Kwiatkowski andrzej.kwiatkowski at gmail.com
Thu May 23 16:23:57 UTC 2013

W dniu 23.05.2013 17:36, Andre van Eyssen pisze:

 > > If you're using anything as a central authentication platform, LDAP
is the
 > > way to go. LDAP is flexible and standards based and is ultimately the
 > > correct way to handle multiple applications with identical
authentication.

 > > LDAP isn't perfect, but with a well designed implementation, it's
pretty
 > > easy to authenticate files, calendar, mail, contacts, applications
and the
 > > like against LDAP.

We are using PgSQL not only as authentication DB, but also configuration
of services. It has a lot advantaged to LDAP,
but this is not a case.

Problem is when You modify DB structure for your need,
I can have users in LDAP, but want to add some other column
which handle some information f.e. billing number to make
client pay only for used storage (it is only concept).

 > > Administrators subscribe a -announce mailing list; get
announcements as to
 > > when they need to look at upgrades. Ultimately, there is a degree of
 > > responsibility for software currency that has to land on the
 > > administrator's workload.

Here is a little misunderstanding, I was writing about situation when
i put new version of owncloud on my web server, and in the same moment
my client want to open oc page, and he will get notification about
upgrading database and so on. I think that start of this process should
be triggered in some way (hidden url or somethink else) by admin of OC,
not first display of OC page after  putting code on server.

Regards
AK