[Owncloud] Database - Concept/Questions

Andre van Eyssen andre at purplecow.org
Thu May 23 16:33:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Andrzej Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Problem is when You modify DB structure for your need,
> I can have users in LDAP, but want to add some other column
> which handle some information f.e. billing number to make
> client pay only for used storage (it is only concept).

This is probably case for separation of authentication/authorization and
accounting. Anyway, if you already have a schema in place, there's no
point in discussing major changes.

> Here is a little misunderstanding, I was writing about situation when
> i put new version of owncloud on my web server, and in the same moment
> my client want to open oc page, and he will get notification about
> upgrading database and so on. I think that start of this process should
> be triggered in some way (hidden url or somethink else) by admin of OC,
> not first display of OC page after  putting code on server.

A little misunderstanding and a little lack of clarity on the exact case.
The process in thiss case would appear to be handled by proper change
control, whereupon you don't have users landing on the service during an
upgrade cycle. I do agree that normal users should not be getting notified
about administrative tasks, however.

--
Andre van Eyssen.
mail: andre at purplecow.org          jabber: andre at interact.purplecow.org