[Owncloud] Need help triaging bugs in the apps repo

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Mon Mar 25 21:01:49 UTC 2013

On Monday 25 March 2013 21:34:05 Guillaume Paumier wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Can someone "volunteer" to triage bugs in the apps repo? like correctly
> > assign and notify maintainers of issues without labels.
> I've started to add labels and cautiously assign people, and I have a
> few questions:

That's great. It can be quite time consuming.

> * When a label exists for an app, should we assign the maintainer in
> addition to adding the label?

Yes please.

> * Is there a list of app maintainers? If not, what would be the best
> way to start it? An .md file in the apps repo?

That's a good idea. I wonder if github has any special magic for a
MAINTAINERS.md file? ;)

> * Is there a usual process for issues filed in the wrong repo? e.g. an
> issue with core filed in the apps repo ( like
> https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/844 )

Well try to be polite :D It's a good idea to link to the CONTRIBUTING.md and
the issue template.

> * Can the label "App spec" be used for (possibly vague) app requests,
> or would it be better to create a new label for that?
>
> * Do we actually use the Kanban Board for Apps? Or is it used on a
> case by case basis by each developer?

I often forget to use it, but it gives a good overview, so adding the
appropriate labels for issues that don't have it would be great.

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Tanghus