[Owncloud] Using github WAS: [Re: Discussions on the ML (was: Upgraded to Owncloud 5…)]

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Mar 21 20:19:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:43:26PM -0700, Mark Symonds wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2013, at 5:42 AM, Bernhard Posselt <nukeawhale at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could be wrong but some users might think github is confusing or hard
> to use - any users thinking this, it is not true.  You do not need to know git
> at all to use github for bugreports, you can use the website much like a
> forum site.  This is how I'm doing it for now:

... and there is the problem!  :-)

Forums are a *horrible* way to try and communicate.

I agree that github provides a good way to track bugs and the fixes but
it's not a good way to communicate.  There's no threading of messages,
one can't use a decent editor, one has to log in every time one uses it.

--
Chris Green